Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wonderful Birthday

So today was my birthday (we won't discuss my age LOL), and a very nice day it was. We (that would be my Dad, my BF, and I) floated down the North Fork of the Coeur d'Alene river. The water was a bit cold, but manageable. It was a nice float up until I almost puked from spinning too much (this is why I have never been on the Teacup ride at Disneyland). After the float went out to a lovely steak dinner at (the always fabulous) Wolf Lodge, where I ate a Rib-Eye steak and was throughly embarassed by the group of singing waiters. Went back home to open presents, and I got a great cookbook with recipes designed for the KitchenAid Stand Mixer (whew... more things to discuss on this blog!). The dogs & cats (I have no idea where they get their money from) got me some new BBQ gear, and last but not least, my BF got me an electric smoker!! Wooh!! So now I can use my new cookbook to make some sausages, and then smoke 'em in the new smoker! Standby for more adventures in sausage making (the next batch will be Elk Sausages).... Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment