Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fun at the Fair


Good news and not so good news at the fair this year. Sadly the Snickerdoodles didn't make it to the fair. I'm not sure what went wrong, but he couldn't get them to bake properly. Very sad... I made Toasted Oatmeal Scones (didn't win anything on those), Marshmallows, and Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies. And wouldn't you know, but my Marshmallows won First Place!! I was very excited to see that blue ribbon. The Chocolate Cookies were for the Chocolate Extravanganza Contest, but they were no match for cakes and chocolate dipped cherries shaped like mice! Oh well, they were still delicious (and SUPER rich) and it was fun to enter the contest. All in all, I am quite happy with my win (it was the first time I have entered food in a fair before) and I'm already planning what I'm going to make for next year!! Next I'm going to experiment with marshmallows, adding flavored extracts and dipping them in chocolate. Somone mentioned cutting them into different shapes, so I will try that too. Lots of ideas floating around in my head... Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment