Saturday, April 30, 2011

More Sourdough...

Can you tell I've been bored lately? I am on a baking kick (again) and I'm so happy I get to use a starter that I started. With the success of my starter, I was able to take the knowledge and revive the 100 year old starter I had received some months back. It is happily bubbling away (and I'm even dehydrating some so I can keep it without the need to feed it) and doubling like it should. Yesterday I decided to make Sourdough Brownies (I'll post the recipe later) with the old starter, as it is used for its flavor and not for its leavening abilities. They came out really good! Its a surprising mix of sweet and a sort of fruity sourness. They were made even better with the addition of vanilla bean ice-cream and whipped cream. Tomorrow I plan on making more sourdough bread and sometime in the future I would like to try the Carrot Pineapple Sourdough Cake and Blueberry Muffins.... the options are endless with sourdough.

No comments:

Post a Comment