Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back Into the Kitchen

Yes that's right... I'm back again. I've been cooking/baking since my last post, but I just haven't found the time to document it. Since December we have made countless loaves of bread in the bread maker (rye, wheat, white, chocolate nut, sweet, etc.). And Daren has discovered he can make a mean pizza dough in the bread maker. (Severely cutting back on his pizza budget in the process!) He makes so much pizza dough, that I haven't used the bread maker much myself these days.
About 2 months ago, I attended a Sourdough class and got 2 starters (both around 100 years old and one actually came from Alaska). We have made sourdough pancakes (mmmm sooo good!!) and the other day I made sourdough bread in the bread maker (it was also quite yummy, which is why it is no longer in exsitence). And tonight I am trying a recipe for a "San Francisco Style Sourdough", which I made in the KitchenAid and is currently undergoing its 12 hour rise. Tomorrow I will bake the loaves in the oven so I can compare the oven made bread to the bread machine loaf. And I also decided to try making a sourdough pizza dough (currently working in the bread maker, so I will have to post the results later).
Other than that, we are gearing up for Spring/Summer, hopefully the arrival of some friends from California in July and lucky them, we will have Sourdough Pancakes, fresh baked bread, and homemade ice-cream (so we have the carb group covered), being able to plant a garden (we have started the seeds indoors and the plants have already begun to sprout), and of course planning ahead for the County Fair in August. I have a lot to look forward to, and I see lots of cooking in my future.... Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment