Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lemon Meringue Pie


I was bored today, so I decided to make a Lemon Meringue Pie. My mother despises pie crust, so I decided to make a graham cracker crust. Going thru the pantry I realized I was missing a few ingredients, so after a quick bike ride to Safeway I was ready to go. I was nervous making the lemon filling, as it has eggs, and lately I have had trouble tempering the eggs and end up with scrambled... I nervously added a little bit of the hot mixture to the eggs, and lucky for me it worked!! Poured the filling on the crust, and then it was off to make the meringue. Meringue is super easy to make in the stand mixer, and I couldn't believe how fast it whipped up. (The whisk attachment has been my friend lately). The meringue came out a nice golden brown (I really wanted to stick a finger in and taste, but I was able to withstand the temptation). It looks good, now I (and the family) will have to perform a taste test (I know what a terrible task to be faced with... So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment